Programmes and Events Calendar
(content available in Chinese only)
Notice for Lessons
The After School Support Programme (“ASSP”) and Early Literacy Support Programme (“ELSP”) aim at providing a structured literacy intervention programme for students with dyslexia to bridge the learning gap, increase their learning motivation and build self-confidence. Regular and ongoing support is provided through small group or individual lessons.
- Parents are reminded not to change the class schedule once confirmed.
- Parents should notify Pathways when there are changes in personal particulars, e.g. correspondence address or telephone numbers.
- Unless otherwise notified, scheduled lessons will continue to be held on school holidays, but not on public holidays.
- Parents are required to provide 4-weeks’ notice in writing if you plan to withdraw your child(ren) from the programme.
- Parents have to take care of their child(ren) before and after the lessons.
- Payments should be made before the due date specified on the invoice. Overdue payment would lead to cancellation of enrollment.
- Cheques should be made payable to “The Pathways Foundation Limited”.
- Please keep the official receipt after making payment. This receipt is needed when refund is requested.
- Families in financial need may apply for fee subsidy. Please check with Pathways for details.
- Leave due to school activities or personal reasons:
- If a child wishes to take leave due to school activities, examinations or personal reasons, the parent must notify Pathways two weeks before the day of leave or as soon as possible, and return the completed “Student Leave Application Form”. The form can be downloaded from the Pathways website or obtained from our staff.
- In order for a child to receive continued remedial intervention, each child is given a maximum of 5 days of absence per subject due to school activities or personal reasons within each school term. If the fee for that particular lesson is paid, Pathways will adjust the fee for that lesson in the following month’s invoice.
- If a child takes leave after using up the 5 days of absence quota, tuition fee has to be paid during leave.
- Sick Leave:
- If your child cannot attend lesson due to health reasons, please inform Pathways as soon as possible and submit a medical certificate. Otherwise, no make-up classes will be arranged. Note: There will be NO make-up classes for intensive courses such as summer programme and short courses.
Course Fee Refund Policies and Procedures
- Refund Policies:
- In case of centre closure prior to the commencement of a course, our centre will refund in full the course fee collected to students immediately.
- If a course cannot be operated according to 1) the arrangements specified in the fee receipts, or 2) on the date or at the time specified in the course leaflet, and students decline the revised arrangements offered by the centre, we will refund in full or on a pro-rata basis the course fee collected to students as soon as possible and in any event not later than one month after the students have requested for the refund. (Please refer to the section “Bad Weather Arrangement” for the arrangement of cancelled classes due to bad weather)
- In case of cessation of a course after its commencement, the centre will refund to students the course fee collected on a pro-rata basis as soon as possible and in any event not later than one month after the cessation of the course.
- Refund Procedures:
- Our centre will inform students of the refund arrangement either over the telephone or in writing. For students aged below 18, their parents or guardians can proceed with the refund procedures on behalf of the students.
- Our centre will refund students in accordance with the above policies.
- When processing the refund, our centre will not take away the original fee receipts. Upon receipt of the refund, students or parents should sign to acknowledge the receipt.
- Our centre will pay the refund either in cash or by cheque.
Bad Weather Arrangement
1) The centre will be closed in the event of the Typhoon Signal No. 8 or higher, or when the Black Rainstorm Warning is in effect.
- When the Typhoon Signal No. 1 or 3, or when the Amber / Red Rainstorm Warning is in effect, the centre will continue to operate as usual.
2) When the Typhoon Signal No. 8 or higher is issued, all scheduled lessons will be suspended and the centre will be closed.
- When the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered at/before 2:00 p.m. of the day, lessons will resume 3 hours after the signal is lowered.
(E.g.: If the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered at 10:20 a.m., scheduled lessons after 1:20 p.m. will resume as usual.)
- When the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered after 2:00 p.m. of the day, all scheduled lessons will be cancelled.
3) When the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued, all scheduled lessons will be suspended.
- When the Black Rainstorm Waning is removed at/before 2:00 p.m. of the day, lessons will resume 3 hours after the Black Rainstorm Warning is removed.
- When the Black Rainstorm Waning is removed after 2:00 p.m. of the day, all scheduled lessons will be cancelled.
4) Pathways will arrange make-up classes for cancelled lessons due to Typhoon Signal No. 8 or higher and/or Black Rainstorm Warning.
- There will be NO make-up classes for intensive courses such as summer programme and short courses.
- Once the make-up class has been confirmed by the parents and Pathways, no more changes or refund would be made.
- Make-up classes will only be arranged once.
Words from Parents
(content available in Chinese only)